Sunday, August 7, 2011

They Have a Word For Everything, 1999



Let me begin by saying I think the cover of this recording might make the final round in a "Most Boring Record Cover" contest. I almost didn't pick it up when I was shuffling through the bins at my favourite record store. But my eye caught the names Dave Douglas, Andy Laster (a wonderful horn player) and Kermit Driscoll (the original bassist for Bill Frisell's early quartet). And it was on the Knitting Factory Label. Naturally, I picked it up.

Get past the cover and listen to the music.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much.
    What a surprise !!!
    Outstanding album !!!

    Anaximandros

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you've done it again!
    What a find!
    Highly creative music.
    Many thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete