Friday, September 9, 2011

A Tribute To Ornette Coleman, 1996




Ask and you shall receive...

Except, I didn't ask. It just showed up on my doorstep. The offering before you is due, entirely, to D - a visitor to this place who responded to my wistful wish to some day get to hear Joe Rosenberg's posse with Dewey Redman paying tribute to Ornette Coleman. D gave me permission to offer this fine recording up to everyone who frequents this blog. Many Thanks for your profound generosity!!!!

The music is every bit as exciting and dynamic as the Dolphy tribute. I urge you to grab this!

As an aside, I've learned a lot about the blogosphere over the past couple of years. Most importantly, I've learned that there are many dedicated people who generously keep this vital but endangered music alive for anyone who wants to hear it with no reward in mind save the odd "thank you" from those who were treated to this music. A frequent visitor to this place - Uri - contributes to several other jazz blogs and is a constant leaver of comments here. He taught me how important it is to acknowledge the work that these purveyors of fine sounds routinely provide for we jazz fans. In addition to his work at The KingCake Crypt, he has recently started his own spot called A Darker Shade Of Blue I urge every one of you to visit both of these spots if you love jazz. I guarantee one visit will be enough to make you a regular visitor to these outstanding jazz blogs.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Just jumped here from Uri's place - very nice! And thank you for this. Looking forward to having a look around. Your effort is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got it. Thanks for the great blog! Cheers, D ;<)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for your kind and warm accolade.

    ReplyDelete